Taking the Water Conservation theme one step further, Union HRD Ministry has decided to launch ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ Drive to create awareness about water conservation among all school students in the country. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union HRD Minister, will launch ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive today to create awareness about Water Conservation among all school students in the country.
It may be recalled here that on July 1stthe government had launched Jal Shakti Abhiyan (JSA) aimed at providing drinking water to every household on priority and in a sustainable manner. Over 3.5 lakh water conservation measures in 256 districts were delivered within one month of JSA launch.
The Department of School Education & Literacy, MHRD has launched the ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive to promote water conservation activities for School Students, so that they can become competent, conscientious and committed water citizens of our nation. The department has prepared a detailed outline to implement this programme in all the schools of the country.
Five Major Objectives:
- To educate students learn about conservation of water
- To sensitize Students about the impact of scarcity of water
- To empower Students to learn to protect the natural sources of water
- To help every Student to save at least one litre of water per day
- To encourage Students towards judicious use and minimum wastage of water at home and school level
- One Student – One Day – Save One Litre Water
- One Student – One Year – Save 365 Litres Water
- One Student – 10 Years – Save 3650 Litres Water